Monday, February 8, 2010

Ice Cream Quilt

Hi Everyone,

After seeing all the inspiration on various blogs I have finally started my own Ice Cream Quilt. Although I think at the moment mine is looking a little more 'gelato'than ice cream. The cutting instructions in Kaffe's book are just fabulous (apart from the little error on round 8 with Log B which should be 33 and a half inches). I'm challenging myself to do two rounds each day to see how quickly it grows. Might end up being one round a day as they get a bit bigger and I get busier! Here's what it looks like so far...


As I said, a bit more like gelato than ice cream! I have found myself going through the stash and thinking about Ice Cream Quilts for all sorts of bits and pieces that I have. These fabrics might look good together too.....




This lot of fabrics are brighter again so might be more like lollipops than ice cream. My aim is to finish at least one of these so that by winter time I can sit and try my hand at some hand quilting. I think it might be a good one to practise on because I can get away with the stitches being quite naive. Love that word! Makes all those little wonky bits I do sound cool.

I''d love to know if anyone else is having a go at this quilt and see what colours people decided to use.

Have a great day!
Kathryn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn,
    Love the colours, that is going to be very pretty. Isn't it amazing where the thought process takes you once the imagination is fired up. Can't wait to see the whole thing.
    Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be lovely! The colours are great together. Isn't it wonderful how with the same pattern you get so many variations?

    I have been making a stack of fabrics for exactly the same quilt (sort of adding a few every month) but I haven't started yet.

    Thanks for pointing out the misprint. I'll add a note in my book for when I get there!

    Can't wait to see how yours turns out!! Love the start of it and the stack of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete